Monday, April 07, 2008

THE MAKER (in us all)

Lord…
There she sits…little girl
Working intently
Looking at nothing else
But
The work
Her hands are doing…
The work
Her hands want
NEXT…to do.

All her effort
Goes
Into the stamp pad…
The scissors…
The colored paper…and
Paste…
Looking for a particular
Color
Every so often…and
Everything stops until
She finds it.

She makes a lake
Of rainbow-colored
Water
With unicorns,
Horses…and
A Pegasus drinking
Their fill.
Working each element together
On she goes…
Until at last,
“I’m finished.”
“It’s done!”
As she appreciates
Her handiwork…she
Waits for my encouragement.

I give it.
For I have never seen
Rainbow-colored water…nor
Have I seen horses quite
So beautiful.

What a clear picture
She gives us
Of Your heart, Lord…and
Of Your hands at work
Making
Us…and
All that is…
Until you could say,
“it is good”

Galaxies sang!
Angel armies chanted,
“JOY!”

All this
Is squeezed into
The making of each
Of us…
So that in our making
Of things
You
Might shine through.



God:

Where were you when I laid the earth's foundation?
Tell me, if you understand.
Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know!
Who stretched a measuring line across it?
On what were its footings set,
or who laid its cornerstone-
while the morning stars sang together
and all the angels shouted for joy?

Job 38:4-7 (NIV)

1 comment:

Sarah Markley said...

This is beautiful dad. I love you.