Monday, April 21, 2008

FIRE!

Isaiah 6 (paraphrase)
5 "Woe to me!" I cried. "I am ruined! For I am a man of polluted lips, and I live among a people of polluted speech…my eyes have seen the King, the LORD Almighty."
6 Then one of the seraphs flew to me with a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with tongs from the altar.
7 With it he touched my mouth and said, "See, this has touched your lips; your guilt is taken away and your sin atoned for."

Lord,
FIRE-angels flew
As close
As they could come
To You…while
Shouting the only thoughts
They could think…

“Holy! Holy! HOLY!
Commander-of-all-the-Angel-Armies!
The whole Earth
Is filled past filling
With the weight of His worth!”

FIRE
Was what one of the
FIRE-angels used
To burn away
My shame
My guilt…so
I could hear You…so
I could talk to You!

FIRE
Was what entered
My heart
As
I realized that You
The AMAZING
The CREATOR
The KING-OF-ALL-KINGS
Could hear me…
Was interested in hearing
Me…and even more.
You were intent on
Using FIRE to heal
My brothers and sisters…who
Were broken just like me…

Yes, Lord, it is true
What they say about LOVE…

“You are a FIRE!”

No comments: